Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does All That Glitters; Day 3

If ever I was going to revisit Disneyland, I'd be sporting nails something like these!  Not only do I have Mickie glitter in polish, but I also have some loose Mickie glitter that I had bought at some point a few years ago too!  Thankfully, there's oodles of stamping images to pick for your nails too; I'll have to do another mani soon!  Here's what I came up with for Day 3 of Digit-al Dozen all that glitters challenge!



Started with a base of skittles using OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, OPI Black Onyx, OPI Adam Said, "It's New Year's, Eve", and Nicole by OPI Hit The Lights; all two coats, no top coat.



Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.



Made stamper decals using images from Infinity 152.  While there are lots of Mickie and Minnie images on stamping plates, I picked out these to use because I thought they were winter related with the hats...but hoped they didn't look too Christmas-y.



Infinity 152.

Applied the stamper decals (didn't think this through very well as they should have been on the opposite fingers but oh well!), then applied a couple coats of Ellagee The Big Cheese.  Also fished out glitters and placed.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top. Note aggressive clean up on ring finger; I cut off the top corner at the cuticle.  Bummer!


Applied bow rhinestone on Minnie on middle finger.  I wanted to cover up that aggressive clean up on the ring finger, so placed a star that I had in a bag of loose glitter on the ring near the cuticle to cover it, then added a few more stars to balance and for filler/interest. Did another coat of KBShimmer to finish.  Loose glitter goes well with the challenge as well!



Here's the other ladies day 3 mani's!



Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. You made those glitters shine! Great play with the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mickey and Minnie never had it so good! ;) Glad to know I'm not the only one who wrecks her polish painting with clean up...you covered it up perfectly though - never would have known.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!