Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Shadow Stamped Roses

I don't do shadow stamping that often as the few times I've tried it, I've failed at lining up the images well and either stamped so far off it's a stretch to be a shadow or exactly on the image and then no shadow at all. It never fails; I go to stamp and just as I press down, the stamper takes on a life of it's own and moves a few millimeters one way or the other and messes up the stamping!  But I did these bright nails right after Digit-al Dozen black week as looking for something a little brighter and didn't do too bad of a job with the shadow stamping this time so thought I would share!  This is what I came up with!


A few polishes that I had my eye at Harlow & Co. were stocked; I knew I wanted to try this Polished For Days Akitla as soon as it arrived; this is two coats, no top coat.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped with an image from Marianne Nails Professional n.11 using FunkyFingers Gesso.  This is all I had initially planned to stamp on my nails but it was just looking too plain to me.


Marianne Nails Professional n.11



So did the double stamping using same image with El Corazon Kaleidoscope 28 which I think was a better decision then leaving it plain.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Decided to add a coat of OPI matte.


I really liked how this turned out; kind of antique or vintage looking...like one would find on old wallpaper except maybe it's just a bit too bright! I also think something along these lines might be cool with some cherry blossom stamping when spring arrives!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. I agree that this is lovely and has a real antique vibe. I love the choice of colours, they're so pretty together and I adore the shadow stamping.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really gorgeous! Your practice has paid off. ;) You're not alone, I suffer from the same stamper takes a life of its own syndrome too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!