Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Back to School!

I know a lot of parents are singing, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" today, but I'm not one of them! I only have one child in school now and he's pretty self sufficient all summer so going back to school today meant I couldn't sleep in like I have for all of July and August!  To top it off, DS2's bus never did show up this morning after waiting for over an hour so I had to drive him to school so not a good start to the school year! Hopefully there's no issue tomorrow!  

I did these back to school nails last night!



Started with a base of skittles; starting at thumb and going clockwise:  Zoya Arizona, Essie Vibrant Vibes, Essie Sittin' Pretty (when I seen the name of this polish, immediately to mind was the Big Bang Theory episode with Penny and her hemorrhoid commercial when she says, "Sittin' Pretty" lol!), OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Essie I'm Addicted.    


Made a few stamper decals for the theme using acrylic paints.


Applied the stamper decals and stamped ring; images are from:  Moyra Stamping Plate 16-Memories (thumb), MJ XVIII (apple on middle), MJ LV (teacher on ring), MJ L (pencil on pinky and student on index) and Cheeky Jumbo 4- Top of the Class (bus on middle).  


Moyra Stamping Plate 16 - Memories





MJ LV





The entire decal from Moyra 16-Memories didn't fit on my thumb so I cut a couple of the images that I didn't use and added to the ring finger; then topped everything off with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


Added a few dots for filler and interest.


Then topped everything off with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!