Thursday, August 6, 2015

Mint and Teal Sponging!

I did another sponged mani this past weekend and even remembered to bring Girly Bits Border Patrol to use this time which saved time in clean up!  Loving this colour combination; so much so that it's currently being used for some redecorating I've been busy with over the last few weeks!


I started with a base of two coats of Hard Candy Mint which was part of the 20th Anniversary collection.  I found the formula really thick and had to add drops of thinner to get a better consistency to apply.  Once I did it, application was a lot better.  I was a little on the fence how this mint would look with the teals I knew I'd be sponging with, but it did work out in the end as the colours complimented one another nicely (I think, anyway lol)

After applying Girly Bits Border Patrol, did gradient sponging using Quo by Orly Turquoise Moonlight and Essie Make Some Noise.  This was my second time using Girly Bits Border Patrol**; it is a latex based barrier. I've had way better removal with it versus other products I've tried which came off in bits and pieces versus one solid piece.  What I really like too is that it comes in a bottle with a brush which is good for application versus a sponge.  My application still wasn't the best and I got too close to the cuticle a couple times, so hopefully, will get the hang of applying it a little better.  I've heard that some of these latex based barrier products have an odour; the first time I used it, I didn't notice any odour at all; the second time being this occurrence, there was a faint whiff of odour when I first opened the bottle but it was minor, cleared almost immediately and I noticed nothing else even when I was applying it.  Now that I know I can apply it OK (as I've used a few other products but they came off in little pieces and took way longer to remove versus using nothing at all and having to do cleanup with brush and acetone), I want to buy a few bottles to have but wonder if it has a shelf life.  Like a time frame that it might go bad to speak like clump or something.  Anyone know?  I like to stock up on items and order all at once (mainly to save on shipping) but don't want to end up throwing out product. I just don't know enough about latex barrier products and haven't seen any mention of it any where.  Enquiring minds want to know!


After latex removal and some clean up; pix taken in the shade.  I dinged the tip of the ring finger when I was going removal but just sponged a little bit more at the tips to cover; it's slightly darker than he rest of the nails as a result and you can see the ding a little in this pix.  


Added KBShimmer Clearly on Top before stamping.

Stamped using Chez rectangles A001 using Funky Fingers Gesso.

 Chez rectangles A001.  This plate is the prototype plate but the image I stamped with is on the plate being offered for sale.


Finished with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  


Shade.  I really liked that the golden sparkle in Quo by Orly Turquoise Moonlight showed up so well considering it was sponged on.



I hope everyone is having a better week then I am!  It's like the full moon on the weekend made everyone cray-cray!  The only good thing so far about the week is the fun I've been having with decorating....but even it isn't going the best.  Why can't everything you want just be at one store so you don't have to run around to 1865656790 stores looking for things?  It was good exercise anyway lol!

**purchased by me

6 comments:

  1. I love this!! The gradient and stamping are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful gradient! I know how you feel about running around to a million different stores! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so gorgeous! The background is really pretty and the stamp just pulls it all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both parts of this manicure so much! They work really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!!! love the colors and the design. SO pretty. I would think as long as the backup latex stuff is sealed it probably won't go bad for quite awhile but I am not positive. I haven't seen anything on that either. I might have to google lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!