Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I only did a couple St. Patrick's Day nails this year which is really odd for the holiday/theme nail gal that I am. Just wasn't feeling them this year even though I did have good intentions and even bought a few new green polishes specifically to use for them.  Including this one! Next year, I guess.  Or any time; there are so many of us nail gals that wear all colours any time of the year, green's good for any of time of year, right?  



Started with a base of two coats of Darling Diva On the White Cliffs of Dover Sat a Poet.  This is two coats. Darling Diva On the White Cliffs of Dover Sat a Poet or DDOTWCOFSAP for short (um, maybe not!) is part of the Darling Diva St. Patty's Limerick collection which is still in stock via her shop here.  


Top coated before stamping with KBShimmer Clearly on Top. As pretty as DDOTWCOFSAP is, it really comes to life with top coat!  In my mind I thought how appropriate is it that there's a whole bunch of little pots on gold with all these gold flakies on your nails!


Stamped with Bunny Nails HD-B using Funky Fingers Gesso.  I think this is a great image; interesting enough that you get the drift of the theme but lots of voids so you can see the beauty of the base underneath!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


With all those pots of gold flakies on my nails, I thought this mani would be a good candidate for a coat of matte as matte usually makes flakies pop!  Topped with OPI matte.



I can't decide which version I like best; matte or glossy.  I think matte by a smidgen. I did my other hand slightly different; used same plate but stamped a leprechaun using Mundo de Unas #7.



Have a great St. Pat's Day if you are going out tonight to celebrate!  May your beer be green, your dinner of corned beef with boiled cabbage be tasty and of course, your nails green and sparkly!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I like how the green peaks through the stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both versions, matte and shiny. The shiny ones show the glitters better but the matte ones are really great too as I love the satin finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!