Thursday, September 25, 2014

First of the Fall Mani's!

I've been resisting doing fall mani's for a couple weeks now even though I've seen a lot of them being posted lately.  The darker, muted colours traditionally used aren't my favourites as I'm definitely more of a brights person (one only needs to glance quickly at my Instagram or Pinterest account collages to confirm this!!)   The other problem is the weather has been beautiful and sunny the last few days....I still want to wear beautiful brights in this warm, sunny fall weather we are having right now!  But I have done a few fall mani's so they will be starting to pop up here and there over the next few weeks.  This is one I did last weekend in an attempt to think outside of the box and not stamp on a plain creme base.  It's not my favourite of the fall mani's I've done but if anything I've found since I've been blogging is usually what I like, no one else likes and what I think is a total fail, gets lots of loving.  You be the judge!  Here's what I came up with.


I did this mani in cottage country and only have natural daylight.  I started early evening and it was still sunny but when I finished, the sun and daylight was fading fast so lighting wasn't the best and lots of shading in some pix.

Started with a base of two coats of L'Oreal Safari Chic, no topcoat.


As I mentioned at the start of the post, by the time I had done this mani, I had done two or three fall manis, all on creme bases (acknowledging I haven't shared them yet here).  So I wanted to do something a little different.  I had picked up a boxed set of full size Nails Inc. polishes recently at Winners (score at $9.99!) and in the set was Nails Inc. The Donmar which is a flaky.  For little base interest, added it on top of Safari Chic.


Shade pix.

Can I just say, why can't every pix be like this one...half in the sun and half in the shade!  It was just a fluke; I doubt I could replicate it if I ever tried.  


Stamped using assortment of images; Lesly LS-20 (thumb and pinky), Messy Mansion MM19 (index and middle), Chez Automne001 (ring), MoYou Landscape Collection-02 (accent leaves).  For stamping, used Konad black special polish and assortment of Sally Hansen Insta-dri's.


Messy Mansion MM19


Gave the tree on the middle finger some fall leaves!


Top coated to finish.


This pix you can see the stamping best but unfortunately, full of fibres...story of my (stamping) life!


I really like the flaky interest on the thumb with the black contrast but too much going on with the coloured stamping even for my busy stamping style!  

What do you think...and if you're not a fan of it, please let me know and no hard feelings.....I got big shoulders lol!

Thanks for looking!

P.S. Isn't this the worst picture ever?  Looks like my nails are full of craters! 


Bonus pix of my right hand which is slightly different.....not too shabby if you can overlook the dry cuticles!



6 comments:

  1. I like it. I just recreated a mani that is inspired by your tree here. I will tag you tomorrow when I get good light in the morning. The leaves are competing with the flakies for attention though. Either way it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the middle nail with the tree stamp and dotting, reminds me of some wall art I've seen and liked...like it even more as nail art! Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! It's fun and I love the flakies as a base for the nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I feel the same way sometimes...if I love it, they'll hate it and vice-versa. Anyhow, I like this. The tree on your middle finger is awesome and the other nails give a sense of the leaves blowing in the breeze. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!