Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mentality Brute

I think that sometimes, the simplest of designs can be the most effective and think this is one of those times! Here's a mani I came up with using Mentality Brute not too long ago!


Harlow & Co. recently started to carry Mentality polishes; I ordered this long time lemming not too long ago. This is one coat....one!....on all fingers except index and middle which I didn't apply very well and they have two. No top coat to keep the matte of the polish. 


I should point out the I was a little surprised on how dark Brute is; the pix above is more like a lot of the online pix I have seen are....however, I found it to be darker IRL like the pix below.
 

Stamped using white Konad special polish using Betina B18 on index and ring and FUN 5 on the rest of the fingers. I had a little mishap as I banged my nail against my desk just before stamping and I guess my nails weren't fully dry so the polish kind of wrinkled and shrunk back from the tip a bit but it wasn't that obvious IRL so just left it as opposed to repolishing.  





While I loved how the mani was looking at this time, if you have been following me for a while, you know it's my style to add a few accents or pops of colours to most mani's; added yellow dots using yellow Konad special polish to finish.





Believe it or not, I didn't topcoat this mani....yep, I left it as it was matte even though every fibre in my body says you must top coat!  Ok, to be honest, I tried a finger on my test hand and when the polish was top coated, I didn't love the look nearly as much so left the rest of the fingers.  One of the reasons I usually top coat all mani's is to prevent chips and wear but even without, this mani stood up well even though I spend a great deal of my day banging a key board.  I can't say how extended wear time was because I only wore it for 24 hours but there was nothing obvious at the end of the work day which was great news!

Thanks for looking!


7 comments:

  1. YEP! This is a goodie! I like the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stamping but the color just totally takes all my attention away. Such a pretty blue and the white flowers with just a pop of yellow are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!