Thursday, June 13, 2013

Digit-al Dozen, Books; Day 4

Another mani based upon a book I finished not too long ago....can you guess which book this mani is based upon?


It's a book I've had for a while even thought I just finished reading it recently.  I also have the DVD that was based upon the book too, but haven't watched it yet.  I'm kinda funny when it comes to movies that have been based upon books in that I won't watch the movie until I've read the book.  This is for a couple reasons but mainly because I find the book more entertaining than the movie so I want to read the book first so I'm not privy to any spoilers by watching the movie first.  Another reason is there are so many times I've watched a movie and then read the book only to find so many liberties have been taken in the movie that I'm disappointed when I read the book because I'm expecting something else to happen...or maybe this means I'm disappointed in the movie.....if that makes sense!  Sometimes too I have great expectations in the movie as I loved the book and then, the movie is a let down.....looking at you, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown...loved the book...the movie was just so so.  So if I know that a book has a movie based upon it, I generally always read the book first and then watch the movie/DVD.  So this means that I've never watched the Twilight movies (I have the books, just haven't read them yet), Harry Potter series (same...but I have to admit I've seen snippets of the movies here and there while my kids have watched the DVD's), I just finished Time Traveler's Wife last month and while I've had the DVD for ages, just haven't watched it...as I wanted to read the book first!!! lol (makes me sound nuts even typing this!).  In the case of the Time Traveler's Wife; I hope the movie is better than the book! 

So....did you guess......


Started with a base of OPI Bride's Bouquet (two coats) and FingerPaints Black Expressionism (one coat); topped with SV.


Stamped using black and white Konad special polishes using Apipila 03 (ring and thumb) MJ II (pinky), FUN2 (index) and MJ VI (middle).


Topped with SV.


I plan on watching the DVD of The Help over the weekend now that I've finished the book...I hear its pretty good!

Here's the other ladies Day 4 mani's!






Thanks for looking!




6 comments:

  1. fabolous decorations...
    xoxo

    ★ Vendy ★
    NEW POST!!!
    follow me on:
    The simple life of rich people BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interpretation! I have read the book and have the movie. I like them both. But the movie does leave out some things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation of the book!! I really love the bold contrast (I mean obvs, that's the point) but black and white graphics are always so striking and lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interpretation of the book! I have seen some movies before reading the book but I also try to read the story first. The book is always better than the movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! I love how you stamped your nails.

    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!