Monday, February 11, 2013

Digit-al Dozen, Love and Heartbreak, Day 1

This month's Digit-al Dozen theme is Love and Heartbreak....I have so many V-Day mani's to post...they are mainly about Love....but there will be some Heartbreak too....this is the first I came up with!

 photo DSC06641_zps0c1453d1.jpg

Started with a base of one coat of Nicole by OPI Positive Energy, with two coats of OPI Red my Fortune Cookie on accent.

 photo DSC06623_zpse7321364.jpg

Stamped with black Konad special polish using Big SdP L.

 photo DSC06626_zpsbcb6ec4c.jpg

Stamped on accent with Nicole by OPI Positive Energy using plate W203.

 photo DSC06629_zps29e4a4df.jpg

While I didn't mind this, wanted something a little different so I did a test stamp on my thumb with a layer of white.  Liked the results so started the other hand and LOOK AT THIS!

 photo Picture407_zps76a1f5af.jpg

Stamped EXACTLY on top of the first image...I mean, I couldn't do that in a million gazillion years if I wanted to on purpose, never mind that I really wanted it offset!  I was amazed I did this...even though it was unintentional!  (Small things amuse me, obviously!!!) 

 photo Picture409_zpsdf9af3ae.jpg

Anyway, I had seen the double stamping had a little bit of potential on my test thumb so stamped the rest of my hand in white, except the thumb, which I added another layer of black for contrast.

 photo DSC06638_zps92599050.jpg

Topped with SV.

 photo DSC06641_zps0c1453d1.jpg

IRL, this was pretty cool and funky; however, it kinda looked like a hot mess in this pix....like I was intentionally doing a Jackson Pollack Valentine mani!

Thanks for looking...and here's the other very talented ladies in the group with their Day 1 mani's if you want to take a look!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the scrolls! And I love that you took a picture of that first double stamp, you got skillz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the scrolls! And I love that you took a picture of that first double stamp, you got skillz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, and a perfect example of why you are one of my favorite stampers! You are so one of the big reasons I bought my stamping stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. I must have that SDp-L plate now.
    How/can I join the Digit-al dozen or is it a closed group? I need a challenge I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NailsIT...I don't know how it works for the Digit-al Dozen! I got an invite...

    Do my pix seem all funky to anyone else? Yesterday they seemed OK, now all distorted...I'm guessing some photobucket issues....!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!