Thursday, August 2, 2012

Creepy or Cool?

MyOnLineShop was kind enough to send MJ II and MJ III plates recently...and while there were so many cool images that I couldn't wait to use, I decided to do a mani more on the creepy side....well, creepy if bugs freak you out, that is! When I seen the random ants, I immediately in my mind had a scene with ants at a picnic....this is what I came up with.


Started with a base of two coats of OPI Bride's Bouquet.


Stamped using CH3 with Konad red special polish.


Stamped tips using CH22.


Then stamped using black Konad special polish using MJ III. I thought my nails were cool, not creepy...but my friend, she wasn't a fan of these all...too many bugs for her liking! This mani freaked her out!



A pix in the sun....oh my!  My cuticles look so rough in these sun shots...that's why mainly there's shade ones in this post.


I randomly stamped a few of the images on MJ II and MJ III.....any I tried stamped well. 



MJ II and MJ III are available at MyOnlineShop as well as Fab Ur Nails. (For MyOnline Shop, go to the tab that says About and ordering information is there.) 


So, do you think this mani is creepy or cool?  I know one thing for sure....it's not your typical mani! 

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

  1. I think it cool! I personally would wear it without the spiders. Its very unique and well done- good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, this is awesome, such creativity! My mind has been going blank lately when I want to addsome art to my nails. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great! I can't get over how clear and crisp your checkerboard stamping is--I can just imagine the smudgey mess I'd end up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's creepy and cool! You're so creative with your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool!!! i love the vivid contrasts in these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha!! I was like "Wow! Cute design with stars:D let's go have a look!!" and then "#@*&%#@~!! There're bugssss~!!" lol I think it'll be perfect for the Halloween designs tho;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! When I saw it, I figured you were going on a picnic. I thought of the checkered blanket and some little ant/bugs crawling around. ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not too sure how much I love bugs ;) But I love the bows, elephants & butterfly images on the paper that you stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really super cute~ I love it!

    I wish my stamping came out this crisp! I have stamped my nails a grand total of two times, so maybe I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is very cool! I love it and need to check out those plates!~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!