Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Leaf Nails

Have the leaves started turning in your area yet? Just this past week or so, they started to turn where I live. So fall was the inspiration for this mani.



A little different eh?

Started with a base of Orly Iron Butterfly, which was from their Matte Metallic collex. This is one coat....I was just too tired to do a second as it was 1 am when I was doing this mani, which is around my usual time for finally getting time in my day (or night?) to do them lately.


Stamped using CND chrome polishes in Copper, Silver and Gold. All of these chromes work really well for stamping.



I really liked this combination of using a matte base with the chrome polishes and have already thought of a few different manis that I could recycle this look, using other plates and themes.



Used fauxnad image plates T41, D03 (not chez d plates, another D series), fauxnad m56 (Canada flag image but just used the maple leaf portion) and SdP D-14.


Unfortunately, matte polishes tend to chip. By 10 am the next morning, I already had chips and lots of tip wear so this mani was short lived.


Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

  1. wow, its's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing as always! i love this manicure- and i love that you used the maple leaf from M56 in this manicure making it even more beautiful

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!!! I love the stamping colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I like the matte polish with metallic accents. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful mani. So appropriate too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. The leaves are slowly changing this week..makes me a little sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this mani, I like how you used different leaf patterns! Super cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to do something like this now, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, and it's so unique and creative! Very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I totally love Iron Butterfly! It looks so smooth - great job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! So perfect for fall! I really love the matte look. So bad they chip quickly. :) But until it lasted, i's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So appropriate!! I love it!!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I saw your comment at the Art of Nail blog about the XL nail art plates. I just bought a couple of those plates from http://www.ebay.com/itm/XL-Nail-Art-Stamp-Stamping-Plate-/320759709213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item76c0cf7c25
    She says she is not selling internationally at this moment, but I think it would not hurt to ask her to make an exception. Besides, she is a very nice seller. I just wanted to share the info because I love nail art too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fall look! This is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please please please tell me what brand fauxnad plates you used for these images. I am new to all of this. I can't afford Konad, crazy expensive. I have two sets of Bundle Monster but these aren't in it. LOL. I am loving your nails in this pic. In all of your pics. I am wanting some of your image plates. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!